Alexander Trembicki has concentrated his law practice in civil litigation for thirty-nine years. He has tried numerous cases through jury verdict; trial court decision or arbitration. He has experience handling appeals. He is experienced with complex commercial and personal injury cases involving not only sophisticated legal issues but also contested factual disputes. Specific categories of cases include employment, trade secrets, construction, medical malpractice, probate and matrimonial cases.
He has been recognized as a Martindale Hubbell AV rated lawyer for 15 years. He has also been recognized as a Connecticut Super Lawyer. Although experienced and skilled at trying cases in the courtroom, he has the judgment and experience to effectively resolve cases through negotiated settlements when appropriate. It is his guiding principal that being prepared to take a case through trial is an effective means to bring about a beneficial resolution of a case.
Notable cases and examples include:
1. Multi-million dollar resolution of a trade secret/breach of contract dispute between a small entrepreneurial company against a Fortune 500 corporation.
2. Trial in arbitration of a theft of trade secrets case involving a former CEO who in effect stole the company’s business resulting in a total recovery of $1.4MM.
3. Successful resolution of a wrongful death helicopter crash against a component manufacturer resulting in a $2.8MM settlement.
4. Corporate derivative suit involving minority shareholder resulting in a lucrative buyout of the shareholders position.
5. Seven figure settlements of wrongful death cases arising from a component failure in a helicopter crash as well as a claim involving the negligent removal of a tree.
6. Settlement of a case involving a motor vehicle accident resulting in exacerbation of a pre-existing traumatic brain injury causing cognitive dysfunction.
7. Settlement of medical malpractice case involving cancer misdiagnosis which caused unnecessary radical mastectomy.
Notable Supreme Court and Appellate Court cases include:
- Garrity v. McCaskey, 223 Conn. 1 (1992) Connecticut Supreme Court recognition of manifest disregard of law a grounds to overturn an arbitration award.
- Nxgen, LLC v.Carbone,15 Conn. App. 264 (2015) cert. den. Label Systems v. Aghamohamadi, 270 Conn. 291 (2004) Re-affirmation of manifest disregard of law in upholding arbitration award in which Nexgen, Attorney Trembicki’s client, received an award of $1.06 MM.
- Involves resolution of a number of legal issues most importantly the rules regarding the introduction of criminal conviction evidence to challenge credibility.
Alex has also been involved in his community serving on The Fairfield Representative Town Meeting from 1997 to 2005 during which he served as chair of the committee on Legislation and Administration. He also headed the Town of Fairfield Charter Revision Commission in 2006.
He is currently a member of the Town of Fairfeld Ethics Commission and the Middlesex Judicial District Attorney Greivance Committee. He has served as a board member and chairman of the board of Operation Hope, a community-based organization that among things provides housing and food to members of the Fairfield community. He has also served as a board member and President of the Brooklawn Country Club.
He and his wife Cynthia have three adult children and four grandchildren.
Civil Litigation; Personal Injury; Commercial Litigation; Employment Law; Family Law; Product Liability; Aviation Accidents; Wrongful Death; Medical Malpractice; Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist; Covenants Not To Compete; Collections; Corporate Litigation; Theft of Trade Secrets; Contract Litigation; Construction Litigation; Creditors Rights; Restrictive Covenant; Deceptive Trade Practices; Business Litigation; Federal Civil Practice; Alternative Dispute Resolution
University of Connecticut BA cum laude 1977; University of Connecticut School of Law J.D. 1980
1980, Connecticut and U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
Westport, Bridgeport and Connecticut Bar Associations; Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Awards and Recognition
“AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the recognized source of national law firm and attorney review.