Atty. Thomas Lynch concentrates his practice in the areas of Commercial Real Estate, Residential Real Estate, Zoning, Planning, and Land Use, Criminal Litigation, Estate Planning and Administration, Family Law (divorce, custody and support issues), General Business and Corporate Law, and Education Law. He represents clients in civil and criminal matters in Connecticut Superior Courts and has argued appeals to the State Appellate and Supreme Courts. He regularly appears before Zoning and Land Use Boards throughout Connecticut.
- Atty. Lynch is a lifelong resident of Milford. He has served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in New Haven Superior Court and as a member of the New Haven Judicial District Attorney Grievance Committee. He has been active in the community, serving on the Milford Board of Finance, Chairman of the Milford Charter Revision Commission, as a Division Chairman and Founders Club member of the United Way of Milford, a Director of the Milford Chapter of the American Red Cross, a Director of the Milford Education Foundation, and a Corporator of The Milford Bank.
- Atty. Lynch is recognized as a statewide authority on representing clients seeking to develop residential real estate in accordance with the Connecticut Affordable Housing Act, Conn. Gen. Stat. sec. 8-30 (g). He has served as counsel for over twenty (20) projects presented to local land use agencies under the guidelines of the Act. He has also served as land use counsel for a variety of major projects, including:
- The expansion of a Milford auto dealership, in business over 60 years, to acquire a large Route 1 parcel and establish it’s used car sales/service center and automobile storage lot.
- The establishment of a Hindu Temple in Milford
- Construction of a dental surgical center for a long established local dental surgical practice
- The development of Milford’s first brewery/tasting room/patio, which has become one of the City’s newest tourist attractions
- A self-storage facility of over 90,000 square feet for a large Connecticut self-storage Company
- Construction of a state of the art media production facility for ATT/ Direct TV for the broadcast of “ The Dan Patrick Show”.
- Development of numerous downtown Milford apartment sites, including one of Milford’s signature properties on the Milford Harbor for a local development firm
- The establishment of the Turkish Cultural Center in Milford
- Numerous residential subdivision projects in Milford, Orange, Shelton, Enfield, and other Connecticut municipalities
- In addition to commercial projects, Atty. Lynch has served as counsel to numerous residential homeowners seeking Planning and Zoning Board or Board of Appeals approval to expand or remodel their homes or rebuild after sustaining a loss from Hurricane Irene or Storm Sandy.
With nearly forty years of practicing law in Milford, he prides himself on his close personal relationship with his clients, and attentive response to their needs and concerns.
Attorney. Lynch lives in Milford with his wife Kathy and is the proud father of three grown children who also reside in Milford
Boston College, B.A. magna cum laude 1977; University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. 1980
1980, Connecticut and U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut (Member, Estate, Probate, and Real Estate Sections) and American Bar Associations; Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association; Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity.